Peacefulness on the mountain for over 150 years…
In 1852, our worship services began in a small log Meeting House located between Big and Little Bowman Ponds. Continuing on the same site, our congregation has worshipped God and served the needs of our local and wider community for more than one hundred and sixty years.
Although founded by German-speaking settlers who lived on Taborton Mountain, our membership has become much more diverse. We live and work in twenty towns and cities and we come from ancestors who represented more than twenty national identities and languages.
All are welcome and included to worship and participate in all of our activities. After an earlier association with the Evangelical Lutheran Church, then the Evangelical and Reformed Church, since 1958 we have been a local member church of the National United Church of Christ. We have a covenantal relationship with the Hudson Mohawk Association and the New York Conference of the United Church of Christ.
“The avowed purpose of this church is to covenant with God and one another to be a Christian community, to participate in appropriate and recognized ecumenical organizations, and to support one another in witnessing to the word of God in our living.” (Article IV, Constitution of our local church)